Handmade rugs are valuable works of art. Whether antique, collectible, family heirloom or new, all hand-knotted rugs need special attention and care. You can protect and enjoy your valuable rug investment by following the simple maintenance and conservation steps outlined in our RUG CARE section.
But when damage happens, we recommend repairing your rug sooner rather than later. Expert rug weavers and restorers at our repair workshops provide you with:
- Oriental rug repair
- Persian rug repair
- Area rug repair
- Navajo rug repair
We can repair any handmade or machine made area rug — Oriental, Persian, Navajo, mechanical or other type — guaranteed.
When evaluating a rug for repairs, we carefully:
- Examine your rug thoroughly to determine if Oriental rug cleaning is beneficial or necessary.
See RUG CLEANING section.
- Inspect your rug to determine the appropriate repair options.
The best repairs are done by rug weavers who specialize in a rug's particular type of weaving. No one repair specialist can do the best job possible for every kind of handmade rug. For every restoration project, small or large, we take care in applying the following steps:
- Assign the project to a specialist for the rug's particular type of weaving.
- Maintain both the artistic and technical aspects of the rug repair process.
- Use materials and techniques that best replicate the original structure and foundation of the rug.
- Use dyed yarns that best blend with the restored area's surroundings.
Rest assured; your valued handmade rug is in good hands at Antique Rug Company.